Planning a summer getaway? Do it in style with your furry friend by your side at this luxurious cliff top beach house. Sitting high above the water, wind down with a cool beverage and take in the 280 degree views up and down the coast of Northland. With an incredible indoor/outdoor flow, this stunning new property offers a relaxing, yet very boujee holiday for both you and your pup – while you relax, your dog can mooch around the lawn or lounge with you on the sun drenched deck.
Boat owners rejoice, there is safe anchorage in Mahinepua Bay for vessels up to 8 metres, so feel free to set sail with pooch on board. For those of us who would be arriving via car, Matauri Bay is just under 4 hours drive from Auckland CBD, 5 hours from Hamilton and just over 6 hours from Tauranga. With 3 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms, this beautiful home has space for up to 9 guests, so load up the vehicles and convoy with your family or best mates.
After enjoying your morning coffee against the backdrop of endless ocean, take a leisurely 15 minute stroll down to the sheltered Mahinepua Beach which, over the summer period, allows dogs on-leash 10am – 5pm and all other times off-leash and under control. Steps in front of the house lead to the water and access to the bay which is perfect for kayaking – did we mention there is a 2 person kayak included in your stay? What more could you want! On top of that, there is plentiful fishing and diving at your doorstep, with a 8ft dinghy at the bottom of the cliff for your use as well. Bring your paddleboards too, as the sea life around the Bay of Islands is incredible to see. Of course, with all this water based fun, make sure you’ve kitted your dog out in a Ruffwear Float Coat to keep them safe.
If you’d rather venture further afield, head to some of the finest beaches New Zealand has to offer, including Coopers Beach, Taupo Bay and Cable Bay, all of which also allow dogs on-leash from 10am – 5pm and off leash at all other times. Heading back to your home away from home, light up the barbie and watch the sun go down while enjoying the outdoor fireplace, or retire inside to one of the two spacious living areas and have a quiet night in with your dog.
With so much on offer, you won’t be disappointed with your getaway to Matauri Bay, and we guarantee your dog will enjoy it just as much! To book, head to: https://amazingaccom.com/luxury-accommodation/new-zealand/bay-of-islands/richard-and-julies-house
- 3 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, 9 guests
- Bedroom 1, 1x king size bed
- Bedroom 2, 2x twin single bed
- Bedroom 3, 1x queen size bed
- Living area: 2x single bed + 1x double foldout bed
- Downstairs rumpus
- 3 beautiful and modern bathroom
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Incredible coastal and water views
- A 300 square metre house
- Large indoor and outdoor living areas
- Indoor and outdoor fireplaces
- Two spacious living areas
- Dining table with 8 chairs
- BBQ with extensive decking and entertaining areas
- Radio, stereo, DVD, Sky TV and Free View TV
- 15 minute walk to the sheltered Mahinepua Beach
- Plentiful fishing and diving at your doorstep
- 2 person kayak
- 8ft dinghy at the bottom of the cliff accessible by steps
- Safe boat mooring for up to 8 metre boat
- Kauri Cliff golf course only 15 minutes away
- 20 minutes to Whangaroa Harbour and game fishing club
- To access the internet you will need a USB(wi/fi) stick or use the the access on your smartphone
- Linen, towels, exit clean, Sky TV, highchair included in stay
- Linen provided.
- Only one pet allowed at the time (by enquiry only).
- Low season $80 cleaning fee for 2 nights stay